Monday, August 9, 2010

Pre- reading Reflection; “Preflection”

The Great Gatsby is a novel written by Francis Scott Fitzgerald, which sets its story in Long Island, New York. The novel it self takes place during the summer of 1922, which has been a time when the American society enjoyed the prosperity due to the economy. The novel as for as I know is a story based on the prosperity of the American society and the rich people that lived during that time era, which is the Jazz Era. The title of the novel is significant to a character in the book, that being Mr. Gatsby, a rich and extravagant man. Even the cover of the book is enough for the reader to understand what type of life style the society has, and refers to the rich Gatsby’s life most probably.
Even though I don’t know a lot about the book, I am really curious to read about the Jazz Era and learn more about this mysterious man, Gatsby also learning why he’s “Great” as the title refers to him as. I am also eager to learn about the others characters that are in the book and their relationships with Gatsby. As many of the people I have talked to about The Great Gatsby told me that most girls like the book more than guys, it made me feel even better about the book and now I can’t wait to read this American classic to see what it’s all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment