Saturday, August 28, 2010

Daisy's Point Of View- Chapter 7

I invited everyone over to our house for lunch. It was a big assembly. Everyone showed up and we had a nice lunch all together. The best part of the entire day was the kiss right there in the middle of our living room ı gave to Gatsby. It was the simple most amazing way to let myself, him and other to understand the actual true way I felt about him. It was the hottest day of summer and also probably the most boring one. I wanted to spend time with Gatsby alone. Even though I told myself that ı would never leave Tom, my heart melted to the sight of Gatsby and my feelings changed instantly.  I suggested that we go up to New York to have more fun. Of course Tom, “the lover he is of New York” he is jumped into the idea and decided on his own that we should all go to New York. At least I got some alone time with Gatsby in the car on the way to New York. We drove up together and the rest followed us with Gatsby’s car.  It was a nice drive to New York where we went to the Plaza Hotel. We sat down to Tom’s embracing “interview” for Gatsby. He started forcing him to tell the truth about his life and constantly tried to bring him down so I could understand that Tom was much better than Gatsby. Like I cared… When someone is truly in love it doesn’t matter if that person is anything. It doesn’t matter the fact how he makes the money. But I though Gatsby’s come back came out to be way to strong.  I mean he might not be the greatest guy or the greatest husband, but Tom is my husband and it was inappropriate for Gatsby to tell him how ı felt about Tom and Gatsby. I have a mouth too, and ı could have told everything myself too. But Gatsby just had to rush it. But as Gatsby told Tom about the way I felt, I suddenly started feeling the opposite way again. I mean Tom was my husband and we have a child together for God’s sake! The rough evening ended by us driving back to West Egg. I really wanted to apologize to Gatsby about the way I felt now but I just couldn’t find the right words. Gatsby gave the steering wheel of his car in to my hands and told me that it would take my mind off things. But this was the worst idea that he ever had. Driving through the valley of ashes, my mind was totally of the road focused on the dilemma of my life, trying to find a solution out of everything I had recently been through when a young woman accidentally jumped on the car. I couldn’t hit the breaks or turn the steering wheel to the other side. Blood rushed to my brain with the sight of the poor woman’s sudden death. Like all the problems weren’t enough now I had this trouble too. We drove away. We were too scared of all the things that might have happened if people saw what we were responsible for. Gatsby said he would take the blame for me. He said he would lie to people that he was driving but there is still a bad feeling within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment