Monday, August 23, 2010

Daisy's Point Of View- Chapter 1

Nick is like the brother I’ve never had. Even though he’s a cousin whom I haven’t talked in a really long time, something in my heart tells me that we are actually bonded and together and I feel like I can trust him with all my secrets, my doubts and my concerns that no one, especially tom should never know of.  It was definitely exciting to have him over for dinner and meet my family since he missed my wedding with Tom, to the excuse of not returning from war. Having Jordan over with him was also my idea. Sometimes, I can’t even believe how smart I can get. ı mean I knew they would bond instantly, I felt their chemistry even when they were miles and miles away from each other! Anyway what I thought might have ended like a awkward night actually turned out to be perfect except for one tiny little detail. Oh I actually I can’t call her a tiny problem because she is more dominant than me even in my family life. But I knew it. From the moment I heard the ringing of the phone, I knew that it was her ı mean who else is uneducated and ignorant to call during dinner? Obviously, no one. Worse of all I didn’t want Nick to learn about it, I mean for sometime at least. I wouldn’t want him to thin that his cousin Daisy Buchanan turned out to be a women with no dignity and self-respect! But he would be smart enough to understand that I have my reasons for letting this go. Having Nick all to myself for the rest of the evening was just amazing. Cause he s the only family that is close to me that I can moan and talk to. I know that he listens carefully to every word that comes out of my mouth and this makes me happy. All evening I talked and he just replied shortly to what I had to say to him. Feels so different than usual when I can barely talk because I know Tom’s never listening and Jordan just can’t close her mouth. I tell her one thing and I can be sure that half of the world also knows it. Like she told Nick about Tom's mistress, like she doesn't even know the guy properly and would tell him a secret about my family without any  little doubt or hesitation. But it's different with Nick. Way different…

No comments:

Post a Comment