Friday, October 1, 2010

“Face to face with something commensurate to your capacity for wonder”

“Face to face with something commensurate to your capacity for wonder”Last year I experienced something that will never be able to forget. Something that I will never be able to forget. Something that many people would like to do but can’t. I went to Cuba with my family and friend Naz. Staying there for over a week I really got to experience something no one has ever experienced. I had the opportunity to be, and live in a communist country, where it feels like everything and everyone have been put into a time machine to travel back in time. The trucks, cars, trains are all different and so old, it feels like technology is so far away from them. The country felt like another world to me, so different from everywhere I’ve ever been to. Currency for the tourists is more valuable and different from the citizens’ money/currency. Everyone feels and knows that they are equal in every way and tourists really see that. This also makes people feel safer in their environment and houses. The food is also very different, gross & same at times but it’s worth the experience you face. Coming back from Cuba to Turkey I had learnt many things.  I wouldn’t want to exchange my experience and the time I spent there with anything in the world. Even though we went there as group, I was the only one interested and was the only one who wanted to go back there. Everyone except for me found it unappealing and displeasing but I felt connected to the place. I wanted to go back there because I want to live through that lifestyle once again before that lifestyle is fully gone. But obviously I was the only one who felt this way, which kind of made me feel unique...








No comments:

Post a Comment